Bilingual mechanical engineer with research experience, presentation skills, and a talent for thinking beyond the box. Excellent at understanding complex concepts quickly and applying them to problems with long-term strategies.
What does writing have to do with engineering?
While my engineering bachelors taught me all about problem solving and analytical skills, my writing MA helped narrow those experiences to form my own kind of creative process. Even once my part of a project is finished, I critique the form of my work, the structure, the level of creativity, even the amount of research I put into it. Engineering gave me a solid foundation of analytical thinking but screenwriting showed me how to turn strategic thinking into creative growth.
Master of Arts - Creative Writing
UNIVERSITY WEST LONDON 2018
During my year-long studies, I obtained experience working on script coverage/analysis as well as on different types of narratives including: feature films, short form, TV (sci-fi, comedy, drama), radio, and advertisements. Had on-set experience for many shoots including a major role in a project for a UN agency. Wrote a short video for the non-profit organization, The Running Charity. Worked with development executives at a production company to develop a TV pilot episode. Wrote and starred in a comedy web series and multiple short films.
BS MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, ECONOMICS MINOR
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS - RIO GRANDE VALLEY 2015
Volunteered as a founding officer for the local chapter of the Society of Women Engineers. Elective classes included polymer engineering, biomaterials, and aerodynamics and propulsion. Economic electives included money and banking, health economics, and managerial economics.
Multiple Film Sets, PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/SCREENWRITER
2017 - 2018
• Participated in over 4 short film productions
• Duties included escorting and arranging crew, locations manager, hiring craft services, organizing transportation, boom operator, script assisting, release forms, and assisting others when needed.
• Wrote two 10 min films and two 3 min commercials
Sylvan Learning Center, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
2016 - 2017
• Oversaw operational cost, risk, and auditing activities
• Determined staff requirements, work assignments, and schedules
• Recommended improvements to operation strategies resulting in higher efficiency, enrollments, and profits.
• Developed/supervised weekly goals for teachers to ensure a productive environment
• Acted as point of contact for both staff and parents, addressing operational concerns immediately and providing solutions to ensure smooth operations
GMG Agency, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
2011 - 2012
• Researched, collected, and analyzed data with client viewpoint in mind
• Worked with client engagement teams on projects
• Proofread and edited a wide variety of client deliverables
• Prioritized and effectively managed individual tasks
• Created and designed seasonal templates for all corporate material, reducing company graphic design expenses
• Maintained utmost discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
• Compiled a sales training manual for new company employees
• Researched data, prepared monthly local economic reports
Society Women Engineers - UTPA, PRESIDENT
2010 - 2015
Created promotions/advertising materials for the student organization including logo, promoted STEM careers to young students, wrote legal material in compliance with the university's rules, arranged and led activities for over 300 high school children per visiting day, organized events as needed, reached out to local businesses as part of the fundraising efforts.
PREM Program, RESEARCH ASSISTANT
2013 - 2014
Conducted research on nanofibers created by Forcespinning, assisted team in project development, investigated innovative methods, developed and maintained test data.
Woofles, ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER/MARKETING DIRECTOR
Designed and implemented marketing and promotional material. Liaison with media. Oversaw product placement and sales forecasts.
Tornado News, WRITER
Wrote weekly articles for my high school's newspaper.
Specialty Advertisers, GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Created designs of logos and other promotional materials.
Years of Work Experience
Final Draft ; Celtx ; Scrivener
Six Sigma Training
956 212 2794